Saturday, July 2, 2011

Crockpot Lasagna is Stupendo!


Lasagna is so tasty, and now even easier to make! I love to make lasagna in the crock pot. The initial cooking and mixing takes a little bit, But then you layer your ingredients in the crock pot and let it cook all day!

I used 1 small container of ricotta cheese, 1 bag of shredded mozzarella cheese, and one container of fresh shredded Parmesan cheese (not powdered). I also used one egg, and fresh herbs from the garden (Italian flat leaf parsley, Oregano and Basil) Mix that all together very well.

 Next I used frozen meatballs and Italian sausage. I defrosted the meatballs and sliced them up, probably about 2 cups sliced. I put some water in a frying pan and fried the sausage until done (over medium high heat). I sliced them up and used about 2 cups sliced as well (I put the rest with the meatballs I didn't use into the freezer to use the next time I make pizza)

 For the tomato sauce I used a bottle of Bertoli Garden style pasta sauce, 1 can of diced tomatoes and 1 can of our favorite pizza sauce (it's listed in my pizza recipe).

I used uncooked, regular old lasagna noodles. Nothing special. Cover the bottom of your crock pot with a little layer of sauce. Add your first layer of noodles. Cover that with the cheese and then the meat. Sauce, noodles, cheese, meat, sauce - repeat until you only have enough for one last layer. I then put noodles, cheese, meat and sauce and covered it. Let it cook on low for about 6 hours and TA DA! you're lasagna is ready to eat. Throw together a salad and slice up some Italian bread and you've got a meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment