Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Bodacious Baked Beans

I am a big fan of baked beans! I have tried so many different kids of baked beans, I wanted to make a little different spin on them. So here is my "beefed up" recipe for baked beans. I am calling them Bodacious Baked Beans! This recipe is for a crock pot.
Cook up a pound (or so) of ground beef, and drain the fat. Also cook up a half of a package of bacon. Crumble your bacon when cooled. In your crock pot add - 1/2 onion chopped small.
I big can of Pork and Beans, 2 cans navy beans (drained) and 2 cans Pinto Beans (also rinsed).

 1 Cup of ketchup, 1 cup of BBQ sauce and 1/4 cup brown sugar. I also added some garlic powder to taste. throw in your beef and bacon and give it a good stir! Cook this on high for about 4 hours. Man these were tasty! They go great with some hot dogs! And you'll really WOW em' at a potluck!

No comments:

Post a Comment