Wednesday, June 22, 2011

My Home Made Ant Trap!


Hello again! We recently had a bunch of ants in our house! We had small ant on the kitchen counter tops, coming in from various places, and ants in our sun room. The ants in our sun room were little ants on the floor AND flying ants looking to colonize. I looked up a recipe for an ant trap that was as follows - 1 tablespoon Borax to 3 tablespoons sugar. Mix with a little bit of water (a little soupy) and add a teaspoon of peanut butter.
I tried this recipe, and to my disappointment it did NOT work for me. SO, I decided to make my own concoction up. I used 1 tablespoon borax to 2 tablespoons sugar and added a few drizzles of honey. I dripped some directly onto my counter top in the kitchen. I cut one part of an egg carton (1 hole for an egg) and filled it with my mixture for my sun room. Not only did the ants eat this stuff right up, they also have NOT been back since!! I think maybe the borax might have been diluted too much in the original recipe.
Let me just note, if you have children or pets make sure you DO NOT let them touch or eat this stuff!
If you have an ant problem, I hope this helps. It really worked for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment